Go Online Today. Manage Your Checking Account Better Tomorrow.
CheckWise is a comprehensive educational online course to help you learn how to manage a checking account more efficiently. Through the CheckWise course, you will learn:
- How a checking account can help you reach financial goals
- How to choose the checking account that is right for you
- How to use online services
- Skills for maintaining and reconciling your checking account
- Ways to keep your financial information safe
If you have been unable to open an account due to past problems, some financial institutions will consider opening an account for those who complete the CheckWise course. Click here for a list of participating financial institutions.
Financial institutions may also require that you pay back anything you still owe on a prior account. If you believe you have been reported to ChexSystems, order a copy of your ChexSystems report by going to www.Consumerdebit.com or call 800.428.9623. You are eligible to receive one free copy every 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE: If you had a prior account that was closed due to fraud, you are not eligible to participate in this program.
How to Get Started with CheckWise Online
- The CheckWise online course tuition is $35 per person.
- A personal email address is required to complete the registration.
- To register and pay for the course, complete the online registration form. You can pay with a major credit card,
MC/Visa debit card, or a pre-paid credit card.
- Your Password and ID will be emailed to you after your payment has been accepted. Please print that email so you
will have a copy of your Password and ID.
- CheckWise is a two-hour online course, but you can stop at any time and return where you left off. You will need
your Password and ID each time you log back in.
- You will be able to print your certificate of completion once you have completed all course activities.
Take your certificate to your financial institution. You will need the certificate to verify that you have completed the course.